Watch the Zoom replay on 15-Minute City and creating a pod in YOUR community HERE.
QUICK STEPS TO STARTING A POD!
1. Create an email address:
- choose an appropriate name; CalgaryPod@gmail.com as an example.
2. Print business cards with your contact to hand out to folks your meet.
3. Connect with folks in your area:
- go to community events
- talk to your neighbours
- join online groups
4. Build your network:
1. Set up an online presence:
- Facebook page
- Telegram channel
- Signal channel
2. Create an email distribution list with the folks you connect with (be sure to send the emails to BCC so email addresses aren’t shared)
5. Host scheduled meetings in person or online:
- Determine a cadence for meetings; 1 per week, bi-weekly, etc. Just keep it frequent enough you don’t lose connection.
- Use an outdoor venue, coffee shop, a private home or any other suitable space for the size of your group.
o Free ideas, church, community center, pub, library
- If online, find tools that are free to get started:
o Google meets
o Facebook messenger group video
- Create an agenda/talking points for your meetings to stay focusedf